No matter how much time is passing by, nearly ten years after the show's ending, Sex and the City is still one of the best and most quotables tv series of all time. And no other tv show about the city, female friendship or fashion will be half as good as this one was. You know you are still not over Sex and the City because...
Courtesy of Thought Catalog.
- You still think of what character your are from time to time, and have come to terms with the fact that you may be Miranda, when all you want to be is (instert the name of your favourite character). I'd say Samantha but with Carrie's closet.
- You wish you could go back to time and delete the awfulness that was Sex and the City 2, because that movie was like punching something you loved for years in the face.
- And even though you know the second movie was terrible from all different angles, you sometimes end up defending it because you just love the girls.
- You still can't believe they paired Anthony and Stanford together, as they are by far the most nonsencial couple in the history of television, and they were just set up because they were the two gay characters.
- You will always see Roger Sterling as the politician who tried to pee on Carrie.
PartAll of you will always stay a little sad because of how terrible Carrie was to Aidan, despite how amazing he was. And you're just going to pretend the second movie never happened because, to be honest, he would have never done that.
- On multiple occasions you have re-watched an entire season of the show simply because there was nothing better to do, and you had a glass of wine. Or an entire bottle.
- When you meet someone who loves the show as much as you do, you immediately go through and exchange of favourite moments that kind of starts to feel like a competition.
- You are tired of all the conversations about how Carrie funds her lifestyle. It's a tv show, she's living the dream so we can all pretend that one day we'll live in a one-bedroom apartment with a big closet while writing about the dudes we bone and bolstering our shoe collection.
- Even though you know it's a totally cheesy, fictionalized version of Manhattan, it still makes you fall so in love with the city. It was a huge part of your development, and you'll always hold those images of brownstones and nightclubs and Central Park strolls in your heart.
- You still want Anthony to plan your wedding.
- In many ways, the thing the show made you love the most - not the men, or the shoes, or the New York lifesyle - was deep female friendship. To this day, when you get all warm and fuzzy thinking about how something is 'so Sex and the City', it's when you're having awesome moments with your girlfriends. And that is something you will never forget.